Whitehat Education Technology Private Limited (“Company” or “We” and their connotations) operates a website- (URL: https://www.whitehatjr.com/) (together called as “Platform”) which is engaged in the service of online tutoring to users.
Our Platform is primarily for children below the age of 18 years (“Child”) and it is assumed that the Child has parental consent to use the Platform. The parents of the Child or users above 18 years age hereinafter are referred to as You. The term “Users” for the purposes of these Terms shall be read as You and/or the Child.
- Information We Collect
In order to provide Services, we require certain user information and may obtain the same through user-provided data or automatic data collection.
- We collect information that may be used to identify you or your Child (“Personal Information”) including, but not limited to, (i) name, e-mail ID, photograph, location and other contact information (ii) gender and other demographics (iii) birth date and year of the Child to validate their
- We also collect certain information either when you provide it using the Platform or Services and/or automatically as you or the Child navigate through the
Platform (which may include usage details, IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by the device, access times, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies). You agree that we may use such information to do internal research on our Users’ demographics to better understand, protect and serve our Users.
- If any of the Users allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook—and you or the Child’s are one of that User’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that User’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through the Platform.
- We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Platform to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our Services. We offer certain features that are only available using a cookie. Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your
- Users shall grant the Company a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license for content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP License). This IP License shall end when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period (but will not be available to others).
- Use of Information
We collect and store information provided by you from time to time. This allows us to provide Services and features that most likely meet your needs, and:
- To create and maintain account;
- To enable you to avail of our Services, and ensure efficient customer care experience and develop new features;
- To determine the current age of the Child;
- To send surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or Services or other information that may be of interest;
- To dispatch transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations;
- To notify the necessary information related to the Platform and Services and your or the Child’s account on the Platform from time to time;
- To maintain records and provide you and the Child with an efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Platform;
- To analyse overall trends to helps us improve the Platform and Services;
- To furnish your information to service partners and providers only to the extent necessary for delivering the relevant services (e.g. scheduling repair and maintenance, providing emergency assistance);
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and
- We may use your email address to seek parental consent of Child for registration of and to explain what information we are collecting, how we plan to use it, and how the parent can revoke consent or request at any time that we remove the account and delete any Personal Information collected from the Child (including the parental contact information).
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information in response to summons, court orders, warrants, or legal process, or to otherwise establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or in the event you violate or breach an agreement with We will use and disclose your Personal
Information if we believe you will harm the property or rights of the Platform, its owners, or those of the Platform’s other users. Finally, we will use or disclose yours or the Child’s Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property, violations of the Platform’s other policies, or as otherwise required by law when responding to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes.
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our Users or others, we may in good faith share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk
- You agree that we may use Personal Information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse site usage, improve the Platform’s content and Service offerings, and customize the Platform’s content, layout, and Services. These uses improve the Platform and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with an efficient, safe and customized experience while using the
- Review & Alteration of Information
We strive to accurately record all information provided on the Platform from time to time.
- We encourage you to review, correct, update, and/or change your or your Child’s account information or Personal Information at any
- You may also delete yours or your Child’s information at any time on the Platform. However, we may retain certain information as required by law or for reasonable business
- You have a right to review, update, correct, and delete your information; subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
- We reserve the right to delete your account if we find that the Personal Information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way that infringes any applicable legal requirement.
- You may at any time access or change the Personal Information that we have collected from your Child. The guardian or parent may provide a request via email to the Grievance Officer for us to amend, or to make no further use of, or delete, the Personal Information we have collected from their children, in which case, the Child’s account will be deleted. For Child’s protection, we may need to verify the identity of parent or guardian before implementing the request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably
- Viewable Information of the Child on Platform
We strictly limit the Personal Information that is publicly viewable about a User who is known by us to be a Child. When a Child posts a review or comment on the Platform, only the Child’s age and name is posted, along with the content of the Child’s posting. Although the Child may create a profile for his or her account, no portion of the Child’s profile other than the Child’s age and name is publicly viewable.
- Third-Party Services
We treat your use of the Platform with the utmost respect for your privacy. Except for anything not disclosed above, we keep your information disclosed to the listed professional confidential, keeping only non-decimated “file” copies for reference in case of legal dispute. We shall use commercially reasonable efforts to protect and secure the same. However, we shall not be liable for any damage/loss/ exposure caused to the information collected by us.
- Compliance with Data Protection Regulations
- Measures taken to Protect Your Information
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards consider the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We store and process your information on reputed web service cloud servers. We impose contractual obligation if in any case, we outsource the task of data processing. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information submitted to us, both during transmission and once received, including the use of vault and tokenization services from third-party service providers.
We neither accept nor assume any liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond we control. We do not, under any circumstances, represent that our platform is completely void of malware including but not limited to viruses, spyware, cancelbots, Trojans, time bombs and any such application, which may be placed on our platform without our knowledge. However, we shall take all the necessary and reasonable steps to ensure that our platform is free from the above-mentioned malware.
You also play a key role in keeping your and your Child’s information secure. Using unsecured Wi-Fi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Platform is never recommended. You or your Child should not share your username, password, or other security information for your account or the device through which you access our Platform and/or Services (as the case may be) with anyone. If we receive any instructions through an account or device or any other medium bearing your information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. Please remember that if Personal Information posted in public areas of the Platform such as in online forums or chat rooms, or in the Platform’s searchable database, or share such information with anybody else, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of Platform or share with any other person.
- In the Event of Change of Control
In the event of the change of control of the Company due to the merger with a third party, acquisition, bankruptcy or other change of control, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
- Governing Laws and Dispute Resolution
- Contact Details
Please contact us by email or postal mail on the following address of the Grievance Officer:
Name: Whitehat Education Technology Private Limited Name: Mr. Karan Bajaj
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 2A101, WeWork Raheja Platinum, Sag Baug Road, off Andheri Kurla Road, Marol, Andheri East – 400 059.